Monday, September 23, 2013

One week down, eight to go.

My goodness, we have already finished our first week of outreach and are into the second.  Only 7 1/2 weeks of outreach to go!  The AusLife seminars that we put on in Gladstone were so amazing.  During a seminar there are tons of different things that the kids do, one of which is small groups and the way these small groups are supposed to happen is there should be about 4-5 students and one leader.  WELL, it didn't really work that way...The first day I had 16 grade 8 boys in my group.  Yep.  Grade 8 BOYS.  Fun stuff!  No it actually really was and all during the week me and the other leaders were able to make awesome connections with the kids.  While during the time there we didn't see any huge and major breakthroughs we did see a lot of openness and we were able to plant a seed in their hearts about who Jesus was.


This week of outreach is all in our hometown.  Starting Monday (yesterday) until halfway through Wednesday we have been/will be working at our new city campus getting it ready for use.  It is hard work!  


Yesterday some people were painting while others, including myself, were digging up roots and working on the hill bringing all of the sticks and branches into the bin.  Today will be another 6 1/2 hour day so I am praying for some strength!  The other parts of our outreach this week will include things like sports ministry at the Strand, ministry at the skate parks, and possibly even spending and evening evangelizing at the clubs downtown.  


This is Johnny and the dance crew (M3) that we took to Gladstone with us.



It has really begun to hit me lately that I am almost halfway done with my DTS.  The first half has felt like the end would never come but now when I break it down it is really going to be flying by!  We have 1 1/2 weeks left of outreach, head into 3 weeks of lectures again and then have 6 more weeks of outreach and we are done!  Crazyness.  So far it has been such an amazing time.  God has been teaching me so much about himself and I have been learning about myself as well as many other valuable life lessons.  

My madre bought me tea!  Yes, my parents are the bestest. 

Love,
Selah






No comments:

Post a Comment