Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Food and Move(s)

Our week back has been quite wonderful filled with lots of wonderful food.  You never really learn to appreciate delicious food that is free until you are a missionary.  Last Monday as I talked about before we had the celebration with the merging of the bases and then on Thursday we had a new mexican restaurant opening up in town and for the first day they were giving out free burritos!  Let me tell you, after coming from home where you eat mexican food a minimum of once a day and then not eating it for 3 months (okay except for the one time in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago) having the free mexican food was nothing short of heavenly.  It was hilarious because that at base announcements that morning they told everyone about the free burritos and there must have been 100-150 YWAM staff and students that showed up. 


I have to admit I was a bit excited and after we had gotten our amazingly phenomenal burrito we hopped back into the 30 minute line and this time they let me get 2!   Anyways I will stop raving about my amazing burrito experience.  Though I have to say having a burrito for dinner and then for breakfast, lunch and dinner the next day was slightly epic.  

There are a lot of changes taking place here as I have been explaining a little bit in my posts.  We will hopefully be moving to the new building in a couple of months and so because of that everything is being packed up and moved around.  My school found out yesterday that 121, which is the girls dorm where about 40 people are staying, is being packed up so that photos can be taken.  So, this weekend we will all have our bags packed and will be moving on to the medical ship which will be coming back to port!  I am so stoked to have the opportunity to live on a ship for a week, thats not something that everyone has done.   On top of this (this happened since I started writing the post a day or so ago) nearly 30 girls have now officially moved into our chapel.  Yes we have all packed our bags, taken our mattresses and set up in a room until moving onto the ship on Saturday.  Though on Saturday since we have so much going on with Youth Street, each one of the Youth DTS girls has to pair up with a Pacific DTS girl so that they can take our stuff to the ship for us.  It is all a bit hectic!  Todays schedule looks like:  Move everything into the chapel and get ready for the day by 8am, 8-8:30 worship and announcements, 8:30-12:30 working around base painting, moving things, cleaning ect., 12:30-1:30? lunch, work again until community BBQ starts at 5, 5:45-6:45/7 dinner clean up, 7-9 lectures.  Yep, life of a DTS student.

It is a funny thing because I write a lot more in my blog in my head than I actually do on the blog.  That doesn't makes sense so I will explain.  I keep thinking that I have written about all of these things that happen here and then when I look back over my blog I haven't written about half of the things that I though that I did!  Anyways, last Monday we had a merging of 2 YWAM bases, a group called Island Breeze (mostly Fijian dancers) is now joining us here at YWAM Townsville.  Because of the merge we had a massive celebration which was super awesome and filled with tons of dance performances and speeches and amazing food!  One of the highlights for me was we had a whole roasted pig on a spit!  Talk about epic.



I must leave now for worship but an awesome thing for you to be praying for is that I am speaking this Saturday at Youth Street and I might slightly be freaking out just a bit on things such as what to talk about and what God actually wants in it.


See ya!
Selah


No comments:

Post a Comment