Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Haps

(This was written a few days ago)
Whoa, as I love to say, "God is one crazy dude."  I had a revelation in worship today.  Lately I have felt a bit disconnected from God, not like He wasn't in my life, but just that He wasn't as close as He has been before.  While worshiping I realized I had been striving to win His love and acceptance and trying to do it all on my own.  We can do NOTHING on our own!  We can't even love God on our own!  That is a crazy thought, that we are so incapable that we cannot even love Him without Him helping us love Him.

God has really been speaking to me about the small things.  For a little while I was becoming to be a bit discouraged because my passion was not for the nations, to lead 100,000 person revivals, or to start an orphanage in Uganda.  Nope, my dream would be to get married, have kids, work with high schoolers and young adults in the church, and maybe someday even start a coffee shop like my dad once had.  Here at YWAM I was starting to feel like maybe that wasn't "good enough" since I wouldn't necessarily be changing thousands of lives, what a load of lies!  Everything we do, if we are passionate for making the Lord known, will be used for His purposes.  If every single passionate person went to China to be missionaries and start revivals, what would happen to the people in England?  What would happen to the kids in the US?  Now I am rambling, but I hope I got my point across. (If you have any questions or complaints please feel free to email 1beachluver95@gmail.com and I would be happy to answer any of your questions).  The bottom line is, God takes your passions and talents and uses them for His purposes, if you let Him.  

(This was written on today, Sunday)
I can't believe that we have already finished week 3!  Time has been flying to say the least.  This past week we our lectures were based around Christian lifestyle.  We learned a variety of things ranging from 3D communication to what it means to "fear the Lord".  I have understood for a long time, but it is sinking in even more being here, how blessed I am to have grown up in the family that I did.  Going through this weeks lectures I realized how much my family had talked about the bible and everything from the fundamentals of Christianity to the very hard controversial topics.  That was a tangent, sorry.

AMAZING news!  So for the last while YWAM Townsville has been seeking God on how to expand the base, looking at everything from building onto what we have to buying adjoining properties.  Well last week we signed papers on a totally new building!  The new building is in the heart of the city, perfect for reaching more people, and is SIX times bigger than our existing property!  We are so excited to see what God is going to do in this next chapter of YWAM Townsville.  Last week we got to go to the building and take pictures for the news, so now I can say that I have been in the paper and on the news in Australia!

Yesterday we had Youth Street, as we do every Saturday which I am sure you have figured out by now.  The dynamic factor for the day was dress up as your favorite movie character which was a hard one.  I forgot that we had to dress up until the last minute so I had to throw a costume together.  I ended up being Bethany Hamilton before the shark bit off her arm.




Not too hard ;)

During 180 we did something a little different.  A few of the crew (students) are going to Papa New Guinea on a missions trip this September.  They still need $4000 so we did a fundraiser for them!  We did a series of auctions where there would be a couple of staff per game and the crew would bid to see who got to do the damage to the staff.  A couple of the staff had their face turned into cakes with whipped cream, carmel sauce, and nuts.  I got to make lemonade in my mouth and spit it into a cup (meanwhile getting most of the water, lemon syrup and brown sugar all over me).  The worst was after 180 where we had 3 different staff stand on some tarps and kids could buy a variety of things such as, eggs, tuna, muscles, rotten food, cans of wet dog food, and flour.  After they had decided what they wanted to torture the victim with they went up and could slather their goods all over the staffs face.  It was nasty.  You could smell them from 100 ft away.  It was an awesome night and the crew had an awesome time.

Next week we leave for camping!  We are heading to Hidden Valley for 2 weeks I am super stoked.  Apparently it is some peoples' favorite time of DTS.

Over all this has been amazing time of learning exactly who God is and who He things I am,  learning how to love and serve others, and of course making amazing friends.







 
Thank you all so much for your love and prayers!
Selah






No comments:

Post a Comment