Thursday, July 11, 2013

Road Trip!

Leading up to this summer all I wanted to do was travel, travel, and travel.  I wanted to fly, go on road trips, or anything of the sort.  Now after more than a month of adventuring in different places I am so ready to just settle down into school life.  June 1st I graduated high-school, a week later I went camping for a weekend, 3 days after that I left for a 2 week missions trip in Micronesia, when I returned to the states I had 6 days to pack up my life and say goodbye to everything and everyone that was familiar to me and fly to Australia where I have been traveling for the past week and a half.  You know, after writing all of that out I see how crazy it actually is.  

Anyways!  Our adventure today started around 8:30 in the morning, driving in the blustery wind to the misty mountains.  Not technically the misty mountains but thats what it felt like!  We first drove up the mountain a couple of hours to a town called Millaa Millaa where they had 3 different waterfalls that you could hike to.  Each one was about a 5 minute walk into a rainforest, it was actually raining too which was awesome, they were spectacular! 




The crazy thing about the drive was that at one point you would be driving through a misty rainforest and the next moment you would be driving over rolling green hills that could have been in Ireland.  My mom had a wonderful time pulling over talking to the "moo moo's" trying to get them to moo back at her.  Talk about embarrassing!  I'm kidding she's wonderful.  Though they did moo back at her and then she was forever more convinced that they loved her and she could communicate with them.  


After the falls we drove through a couple of podunk towns on our way to Kuranda.  Oh and by podunk I mean towns that you thought you would only see in the movies.


Our last stop on the road trip before returning to Cairns was Kuranda.  It was one of the coolest little towns I have seen.  Nestled in the middle of a rainforest it is a little hippy village full of shops as well as a butterfly park and a few other attractions.  When we arrived we went on another short hike which was great. 




When we had finished the walk I had to go pee SO bad so we went into the village to find a restroom.  Once there we were directed to a stairway which went down to where the bathroom supposedly was.  We went down the stairway to find ourselves in what felt like another world!  There was a whole sub-village down below.  It was full of little huts where they sold the cutest baby hippy clothes and other random knick-knacks.  






(In the above village there was a museum)

All said and done the excursion was around 8 hours.  So far it was one of my highlights, I love the rainforest! 

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.  Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.  The lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me--practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.  --  Phillippians 4:4-9 


2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH I MISS YOU OMG. Finally got the chance to read all of your newest posts and they make me so happy sad...dude this looks like the most gorgeous place ever!!! those waterfalls man i gotta go someday. and your mother gosh i literally laughed outloud about the mooing, she just would!! love you SOOO much keep posting!
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I know right! She is crazy...I just kept praying that no one would come driving by. We need to skype soon! Lets set up a time. Its wayyy to hard to email. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete