Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Day Late...


Wow!  A lot has gone on in the last few days.  Thursday for class instead of sitting in a class for several hours we took a "field trip" to Castle Hill for our lecture.  This weeks topic was "Hearing the Voice of God".   Once we were up the hill, okay more like less than half way, we stopped in a small clearing and Fiona (our DTS leader) gave a talk on hearing the voice of God and things like, ways you can hear from God, and ways that prevent us from hearing God.  When she had finished she gave us about 15 minutes to pray by ourselves.  It was awesome to be able to pray up on the hill and be in nature, I miss being in nature!  We then came back for lunch and free time until 2:30.  During our free time we walked to Toy World where a few people bought longboards for getting around.  It took us a little longer than we thought so on the way back we were booking it!  In the afternoon class we found out all of our placements for everything.  My ministry placement (I actually found out the night before) is dinner clean up, so every night me and 5 other people get to wash all of the dishes and put away all of the food and clean the whole kitchen, fun stuff!  No, its actually pretty cool, we are getting into a groove on who does what, and with blasting music everything is always better.  My I guess project is camps, so pretty much me and 4 other students will be helping to plan a camp for the kids called 5DE (5 Day Escape).  This camp is actually 7 days but 2 of them are traveling.  We will be taking kids from several cities and traveling 18 on a double decker bus to the Goldcoast where we will do everything from amusement park days to shopping to game days on the beach.  I am so stoked to be able to be part of this!  For our Saturday Youth Street my group that I will be part of from 2-5 is Saving Grace.  Together, as far as I have gathered, we will be learning to worship together as well as learning what it really means to worship.  I am SO stoked about that one!  Then for Youth Street Live which is from 5-10 I believe that I will be setting up and tearing down for 180hr as well as doing something else that I cant remember.   As you can probably tell I am pretty excited about my placements.  After we finished class and had dinner and we cleaned up from dinner a group of 10 or so of us walked to a nearby shopping center/mall called Castle Town.  We just walked around looking in the shops, some people stopped for coffee, and then we went to Wollys to buy snacks which was grand.  





Yesterday we started off the say with a time of worship in the chapel.  Afterward we had morning tea (which was apples, oranges, and popcorn, YES!)  and then went back into the chapel for our last session of "Hearing the Voice of God".  We did an exercise where we each put our name into a hat and then after they were mixed we were each given a slip of paper with someone else's name on it that we were not allowed to look at.  We then had 20 minutes to pray and try and figure out what God was saying to that person.  I didn't feel like God was speaking anything in specific so I just put down two of my favorite verses which are Isaiah 40:28-31 and Psalm 55:22, both verses have to do with being weary and having your strength renewed.  It turned out the name that I had was one of the leaders Krystal who is super awesome.  It was kind of cool because after I gave her the verses that I had wrote down she said that God has been convicting her lately about resting and spending time with Him.  After class and lunch we had a short break until 2:30 when we all were recruited to help with the Building Blitz.  I did everything from move packing pallets to power washing the carports and street.   We finished around 5 something, had dinner, cleaned up, then had an improv worship session which was pretty cool.


There were no classes today!  I was able to sleep in until about 8:30 and then took a shower and headed to the cafe.  Of course the one day I wanted to Skype my computer decided to not let the internet work, fail.  Eventually I was able to Skype with Jakey and it was so awesome!  He is the first person that I have talked to other than on email since I left.  At 1 we had a short meeting to get ready for our Youth Street groups.  After we had met and before Youth Street was starting I was asked if I wanted to play in the band tonight,  I was SO stoked!!!  I have been going through withdraws not being able to play the piano.  Anyways once 2 o'clock came and Youth Street was starting we realized that we only had one kid in our group, because of this we decided to have him join the music group and we would all go and put together a set list for the night.  We ended spending 3 hours in the office looking at songs, talking, and watching blimeycow videos on youtube!  It was awesome.  Playing in the band when pretty well (for having never raven heard all of the songs except for one) and the kids were so energetic.  Andrew was the speaker for the evening and shared his testimony which is a crazy story of Gods faithfulness, in short he should not be alive today.   At Youth Street I met a guy named Josh.  He is actually the one kid who came who was part of my group, anyways his is a very very talented musician and one of the most passionate Christians I have met!!!  He also has an amazing story starting with a plethora of health issues and then being healed from many of them, including seeing his own leg grow in front of his eyes.  The coolest thing is how positive he is and after he gives a testimony of God's goodness he will exclaim, "All glory to God!"  Towards the end of Youth Street he came up to me very excited and said, "You know Victoria?  Well she really hurt her foot and couldn't walk and I went over and prayed over it and she was healed!"  Victoria came over a minute later all smiles and says, "My foot was healed!  I couldn't walk or even have a shoe on and now I am going to go dance!"  It was amazing!  All glory to God!  Anyways after Youth Street a large group of us went to McDonalds (Maccas) for a midnight snack.  Good times. Tomorrow we are headed to the beck for the day, should be fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment