Monday, July 29, 2013

The Last 2 Days

The past 2 days have been so much fun!  Sunday we all went down to the market and walked around for a little while.  I think I said this before but it is pretty much like a farmers market with crafts and other trinkets.  While we were down there I saw a guy with the coolest bird!  I had promised myself that I would take more pictures so I happily skipped over to the man and asked for a picture of his bird.


We then went down to The Strand where we spent the rest of the afternoon.  It was a very interesting time including Andrew painting his tooth with nail polish.


(Why?  I am too afraid to ask)

I also learned to play two hand rugby which is a slightly confusing game with way too many offsides.  The rest of the time was just hangin' out with awesome people.




When we got back it was dinnertime and we had fish and chips!  I had never actually had it before and I am sure they are nothing compared to the kind that you get at a restaurant but despite all of that I actually quite enjoyed it.  They were not very fishy which was wonderful as well.  After we did kitchen clean up about 7 of us spent the rest of the evening in the cafe just hanging out.  I had brought tubes of henna with me to Australia and so I gave a couple of girls hennas.


The best part of the evening though was definitely figuring out that I could make popcorn in the microwave.  Life changing.  The second best thing of the evening was piercing one of the guys' ears.  It was pretty great!  One of the best part was after we did the first ear Vlad came in (one of the staff who is kind of like a groundskeeper), the look of pure horror on his face was priceless.

Yesterday we started our next topic for the week which is identity.  I am very excited to get into it especially since the speaker is amazing!  In the afternoon me, Court, and Suz took a nice long walk.  After dinner a group of us walked to McDonalds for 30 cent ice cream and then came back to the base. The rest of the evening was spent making popcorn and talking about cannibalism and cremation.  I have no clue how we got on the subject.  Over all as I said it has been a wonderful last two days!  

I am off to small groups but here is a question that I have been pondering (Selah) lately.  What makes Christians any different?  If I was to go out with a group of non Christians and people were to see all of us what would make me stand out?

No comments:

Post a Comment