Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Townsville to Cairns

Yesterday my mom and I did the 4 1/2 hour drive from Townsville to Cairns.  For the first half or so it was still light outside which made for a beautiful drive!  At times it seemed like we were in the plains of Africa, other times you could have been in the Amazon Forest and still others it felt like driving through Oregon.   When sunset came it was the most beautiful fiery scene you could have imagined.  It was like a glowing ball falling behind looming mountains and stretching fields of sugar cane.






(Sorry I couldn't just pick 1) 

I forgot to mention, before we left we stopped at a store to buy some groceries and we found the biggest carrots you have ever lay your eyes on! 


I think that northern Australia could be my ideal place to live.  It is beautiful, and the weather permits wearing shorts year around!  Right now we are in the coldest month and I am sitting here writing this with shorts and a t-shirt on.  Up north especially has very tropical weather so it seems like it is about to rain but it is still warm.  I love it! 

We are off to explore Cairns now.  I love you all! 


4 comments:

  1. only you would find and be in love with the biggest carrots in the world!!! Just kidding....

    We miss your smiley face and bubbly spirit around here but so glad you are having such a wonderful adventure and you get to start it by traveling with Mom!!! Love to hear about how it is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that was from Mummy.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! That is huge. Those sunset pictures look awesome, but of course it must have been even more epic than the photos. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha it was an amazing carrot. I ate the wholeeee thing and was stuffed after! I miss you too mummy!

    Dad! Yes the sunset was beautiful!!! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete